Health & Medical Insurance
Why private health insurance in Spain? Overall, the Spanish National Health Service is probably better than that available in the U.K, but has certainly come under mounting pressure in recent years due to the high level of immigration coupled with the volatile uncertainty after Brexit. Unlike the UK Spain embraces and encourages private health insurance which is supported by many hospitals, doctors and consultants.
At a time when speed of diagnosis and treatment is so vital, Private Health care enables clients to access procedures instantly. This speed is often no longer available on the state system due to increasing financial pressures being placed on health authorities by Central government.
The language barrier is a problem for many patients, and considerations such as privacy can be an added burden in an already stressful situation.
Jennifer Cunningham Insurances has a full-time bilingual administrator based in our Head Office who works solely for the benefit of all of our ASSSA clients. Rachel is supported by Anita our full time ASSSA sales consultant who works very closely with the other team of consultants based in our offices along the coast. We dedicate ourselves to a complete after sales service with continuing customer support: our relationship with our clients does not end with the setting up of the healthcare plan, it begins!
The advantages of ASSSA
- Cover from day one, except those services subject to qualifying periods.
- Preventive medicine, annual well woman/well man check ups.
- Emergency national and international travel cover. Up to 12000 Euros per condition with repatriation to Spain included.
- Policy documents available in several languages.
- Only one year indisputability period (this clause is standard in Spain all with varying lengths of times and conditions).
- Immediate access to GP and Emergency treatment from day one.
- Special payment terms and life time discounts available.
- 50% reduction on premiums for children when both parents join ASSSA.
On the 24th April 2012 an official bulletin was issued by the Madrid Government with immediate effect, stating that foreigners that intend to live for more than 3 months in Spain, should apply for Residencia, which will only be granted under the following conditions:
- That you are an English Pensioner having transferred your health cover to Spain
- That you pay into the Spanish Health System via a contract or are self employed.
- That you can prove that you have Private Health Care, and a certificate of income.