Health & Medical Insurance
Why private health insurance in Spain? Overall, the Spanish National Health Service is probably better than that available in the U.K, but has certainly come under mounting pressure in recent years due to the high level of immigration, now coupled with the volatile changes after Brexit and COVID. Unlike the UK fortunately Spain embraces and encourages private health insurance, as this helps to alleviate the already busy health service which results in less pressure on waiting lists.
At a time when speed of diagnosis and treatment is so vital, Private Health care enables clients to access procedures instantly. This speed, particularly now, is no longer available on the state system due to COVID and the increasing financial pressures being placed on health authorities by Central government.
The language barrier can be a problem for many patients, and considerations such as privacy and family support can be an added burden in an already stressful situation, and of course, private hospitals not only have many staff speaking English, but not so much pressure is placed on the family support.
Jennifer Cunningham Insurances has a bilingual administrator based in our Head Office who works solely for the benefit of all of our ASSSA clients, along with all my staff in the offices. We dedicate ourselves to a complete after sales service with continuing customer support: our relationship with our clients does not end with the setting up of the healthcare plan, it begins!
The advantages of ASSSA
- Cover from day one, except those services subject to qualifying periods.
- Preventive medicine, annual well woman/well man check ups.
- Emergency national and international travel cover. Up to 15000 Euros per condition with repatriation to Spain included.
- Policy documents available in several languages.
- Only one year indisputability period (this clause is standard in Spain all with varying lengths of times and conditions).
- Immediate access to GP and Emergency treatment from day one.
- Special payment terms and life time discounts available.
- 50% reduction on premiums for children when both parents join ASSSA.
With Brexit now in place, the rules regarding Residencia/TIE are changing. Contact one of my offices for up to date information, however the existing rules below still apply and there are additional requirements for applications now.
- That you are an English Pensioner having transferred your health cover to Spain
- That you pay into the Spanish Health System via a contract or are self employed.
- That you can prove that you have Private Health Care, with the required certificate.